Request for Activity Certification
Steps to begin the activity certification process:
- Review OCPD's CE Activity Considerations
- Review OCPD’s levels of service
- Complete and submit the online Request for Activity Certification. The request form asks the following questions:
- What is the topic or title of this activity?
- How did this activity come about? What is the purpose of this activity?
- Who is this activity planned for? (Who is the target audience?)
- What type of CE credit(s) should be offered to attendees and why?
- Who is or will be involved in the planning of this activity?
- How is this activity funded?
- Is the content related to products or business lines of an ACCME-defined commercial interest?
- Which Office of Continuing Professional Development service level is anticipated for this activity?
- What is the planning status? (i.e. Location and date secured, agenda drafted/finalized, etc.)
OCPD assists in the planning and certification of over 250 activities each year resulting in over 42,000 participant interactions. Contacting us with less time than suggested below puts extra constraints on our, and your, ability to effectively support a compliant and successful activity. OCPD cannot guarantee the ability to accommodate your activity if you reach out to us without adequate time for planning.
For full service activity planning, contact OCPD ideally 9-12 months prior to the date of your activity. If your activity is 6-9 months away, OCPD may still be able to work with you but don’t delay in completing the Request for Activity Certification.
For activity certification or activity certification plus registration, contact OCPD at least 6 months prior to the date of your activity. If your activity is less than 6 months away, OCPD may still be able to work with you but don’t delay in completing the Request for Activity Certification.
OCPD does not provide detailed activity-specific quotes for services until an activity has been reviewed and approved by our Leadership team and assigned to an educational planning team. If you need fee estimates for OCPD services before this time, please refer to our Service Levels and Fees information. Note that OCPD fee rates are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
IMPORTANT: If your activity has already been developed, planned, agenda finalized and/or promotional information has already been distributed OCPD will not certify the activity for credit. OCPD will be integrally involved in the design and development of all educational activities that it certifies for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. An OCPD Educational Team will work with you to develop your CME activity. Your Ed Team will be in contact with you throughout the process to assure that your CME activity is fully compliant with all applicable requirements.
Once a Request for Activity Certification has been submitted, it will be reviewed by our CE approval board and a member of our office will reach out to you to discuss next steps.