RSS Guidelines and Templates
Remember you can continue to hold virtual RSS Sessions - See the Frequently Asked Questions - Can RSS activities be live streamed? resource for more information.
We value the important work of the Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) Coordinators, Course Directors and Planning Committees and recognize your role in educating the healthcare team while ensuring compliance with accreditation criteria. Please review the resources below and contact OCPD if you have questions or need support at email@example.com.
FY21 Materials and Process Updates
FY21 begins with your July 1, 2020 sessions – here is what you need to know for FY21:
- Applications are due 2 weeks prior to your first session date of FY21
- Review the updated RSS process overview
- Review key resources for Course Directors and Planning Committees to assist in the conflict of interest review process
- Your approval letter will include your link to your Google folder that will include your online disclosure form and other resources (for UMN RSS activities). You will also receive your link for the new online Session Details form with your letter.
- Reminder: Submit your Session Details form five business days prior to the session date
FY20 Series Closeouts
FY20 will conclude on June 30, 2020. OCPD will complete a review of your series to determine compliance and credit eligibility and issue Statements of Participation to your learners. Here is what you need to do:
- Attendance Spreadsheet: Ensure your attendance spreadsheet is complete. It should include the first name, last name, credential, and email address of all learners. Remember that the attendance spreadsheet is cumulative, it should include all dates in your series from July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020.
- Session Checklist: Ensure your session checklist is complete and includes an entry for each session held July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020.
- Conflict of Interest Grid: (COI Grid): Ensure this is complete and that it not only includes the financial disclosure details from each speaker, but also the documentation on the far right side of the grid of your Course Director’s review and resolution of any COIs.
- Evaluation Summary: Use this RSS Evaluation Summary Template to provide a summary of the evaluation data you collected from your RSS learners. Check out the RSS Evaluation Guidelines if you need more information.
- FY20 Budget: Use this template to prepare your budget for submission.
Once you have these five items ready for review, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “RSS Closeout Request 20-xxx” and OCPD staff will begin the review of your submission. We will contact you if there are questions/concerns about your submission and confirmation of successful closeout once complete.
Important information for VA RSS Series:
OCPD utilizes Google Drive for documentation collection and templates are provided in your assigned Google Drive Folder. The templates below are for use if Google is not a viable option, such as non-UMN RSS Educational Partners.
Contact email@example.com with questions regarding accreditation services for Regularly Scheduled Series.
Looking for information and resources for FY20? See the archived documents here.